- 1 20oz. bag Beans, bag of dry 10 or 16 bean soup
- 5 Carrots, pealed and chopped
- 4 Celery Stalk, chopped
- 1/3 White Onion, chopped
- 1/3 Red Onion, chopped
- 2 strips Bacon, cooked & chopped
- 1 lb. Ham, chopped
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Parsley, dry
- 1/2 tsp Sage, dry
- 1/4 tsp Savory, dry
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 32 oz. Chicken Broth, low sodium
- 3 cups Water
Hearty ham & bean soup. Great for winter evenings.
- Rinse beans. Pick out any bad pieces. Soak beans in 6 cups of water for 6-8 hours or per instructions on bag.
- Rinse beans. In large stock pot, add 4 cups chicken broth, 3 cups water, beans, salt & pepper. Heat to boil.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Cover and let simmer for 60 minutes. Stir occasionally.
0 0 100 0