- 4-6 lb. Corned Beef
- 4 tbl Black Pepper, fresh coarsely ground
- 2 tbl Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Powder
- 1 tbl Brown Sugar
- 1 tbl Paprika
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 2 tbl Extra Virgin Olive Oil
If you love a good pastrami deli sandwich on rye, this is for you.
- Put the corned beef in a pot and cover with cold water in the fridge for at least 8 hours. This will remove the excess saltiness.
- Combine all the spices.
- Rinse the meat and blot dry with paper towels.
- Coat the meat with the olive oil and apply the rub liberally. Press it into the surface.
- If possible, keep in the fridge unwrapped for 2 days. If you don’t have time for this step, it will still come out great.
- Setup your grill or smoker for indirect heat. Preheat to 250°F.
- I used several small chunks of oak wood for the smoke.
- Smoke as if it is a regular brisket. I used a water pan below the brisket.
- Final temperature should be about 203°F. At the 160°F mark, wrap with foil or uncoated butcher paper. Cook time can be from 6-10 hours.
- Keep loosely wrapped and let stand for about 1 hour before slicing. Cut against the grain when slicing.
0 0 100 0